Thursday 11 September 2014

Fish Oil Woes

Share it Please
My husband is not the most careful person I know.

Every time we have a new vehicle, he will christen it with curry or coffee baptism after a few months in it. Or when he vomits, it can be most inconvenient to clean up. He would not know because he has been privileged to have someone cleaning up after him.

So recently he broke my nice bottle full of Omega 3. Fish oil that does not come very cheap.

He claimed that after a few months of it being there, he decided that the bottle was placed in a very precarious position on the kitchen shelf, so he broke the bottle and left shards of glass around the floor, the kitchen smelling fishy and feeling oily, and since the fish oil is a clear solution- now all I just have to do is to wipe and clean everything up just to get rid of the faint trace of smell.

HMMMM. He is quite considerate to place a pair of slippers just before entering the kitchen for me. Gotta give him that.

Sometimes I cannot tell which memory was worse- it could be the one when he came home looking green,vomiting into the bathroom sink and washing it out with water, causing it to clog and the bathroom smelling like vomit. Those unforgettable memories.

Ok back to the fish oil saga. He used a rag cloth to mop it up, and I tried to wash it out with 2 tubs of hot boiling water, then I decided to wash it in the washing machine. I thought it would be a waste of water so I put in our bedspread in as well.

:(

It feels like we are Dumb and Dumber characters, the bed sheets also came out smelling like fish oil, and the smell could not go away after 4 washes of boiling water and sunning it out!

My husband had to rub it in.

Yesterday when we took out the baked battered fish from the over and it had fish oil bubbling out from its sides, he said: "Oh! There is fish oil! Let us take our bedsheets and soak them in it!"

.....

MEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author