Wednesday 4 June 2014

The First

Share it Please
So! I just started this blog, because I wanted to start keeping the memories of being married. I probably should have done that on my wedding day almost 6 months ago. Blame it on procrastination.

In commemoration of the first post, I shall talk about the "firsts" I can remember about my ex-boyfriend now husband Suds.

Our exchange of our first words was probably at a church cell group meeting at Yuwin's old house. I never thought he was handsome, or like super buff, or had huge nostrils, like what other people tell me of their first impressions of Suds. I think my impression of him was this arrogant guy who likes to slouch against the walls and make mean jokes with his friend Jason.

There was a round of introduction during an ice-breaker game, and he introduced himself as a veterinary student, and his friend Jason, a law student, who "will make a lot of money". Both of them were trying to compliment each other on their enrolled course of studies, and hint at their potential of making money even though they are just super poor undergrads. The freshie girls who were there, including me, just looked at each others' faces in the room, probably thinking they are quite (sorry to say) the douchebags.

Later I remembered after the preaching ended and fellowship began, both of us found ourselves with no one to talk to, so he said that his mother did journalism too, and in his thick Aussie accent, spoke of how good she was and all the news clippings there were. I only nodded and tried to reply in answers I hoped sounded intelligent--but my mind went in a whirl of thought: OH please, I am just hoping to graduate, I don't want to be a big shot journalist in the medical field, why is he telling me all these and what did he just say?! I could not understand his English... I hoped someone would interrupt me quickly. I think I said I was going to get more food or something. I ran away from talking to him.


Then the next was when I wanted to help out in a music video. I did not know how good that videographer guy Raphael was, but he sounded like he knew something, so I said yes! I had limited clothing in Perth when I moved from Singapore there with only 30kg of stuff, mostly occupied by a hot water kettle, my laptop, and a ricecooker (typical Asian student off the plane), so I had my jeans and a shirt layered over with a cropped top I got from the op shop, and no belt. My grandmother panties were showing and I kept pushing it down. Well ok I am sooooo sorry I left the house in a rush and forgot to use my brains. Suds had a face of conceit again, and a distasteful attitude towards me, he was so much more friendlier to pretty Cassie, and you can so tell from the video to this day! He told me he found my dressing gross and he could see my underwear too. So that is why he was so unfriendly to me!!!

Still from the Youtube video

The way how things went from there must have been incredulous, or a miracle.

It was so NOT love at first sight. Or even on the second. Or the third. It went downhill from the first meeting actually.

But on hindsight, I think it was good because we knew each other better as friends first, and that he was not hitting on me because of my looks.

That is a pretty long post. I shall write more the next post x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author