Thursday 5 June 2014

Wait a Second

Share it Please
Sometimes I wonder what are the "magical" factors behind 2 people falling in love- it would be awesome if there is some formula that people can adopt to achieve the love story they want in their lives.

I think things really started going in the Spring air in Perth. I notice lots of birds mating in the air in the first days of Perth's spring... Even though I am not a bird, but Mother Nature might have something to do with it.

#1: Mother Nature

My impression of Suds got into a significant improvement perhaps in August, also at Yuwin's house. It was not a cell group, but it was some weekday dinner potluck. I made some lamb chops but they were terribly stiff and difficult to chew. Everyone's food did not taste great anyway, but I remember my first spoonful of Tom Yum Fried Rice. I was pleasantly surprised, I was all huddled up and miserable with my cooking, until I found something that tasted pretty good. I had to find out who made the rice!!!! So I went around asking, and someone said it was Suds. I went up to him and said your fried rice is very very nice. And he said thank you and asked if I still wanted to join them all to watch some cartoon movie, and I said no. That was it.

My mind actually went into a flurry and the gears started turning in the head... I could potentially find an end to my days of hunger and embarrassment of cooking. I felt quite ashamed that I thought badly of him initially. Why, not often can you find a man who knows something about cooking.

I remembered going around and asking people if it was a  lie, and telling them how amazed I was that he can cook. 

#2: Cooking


In Perth I often update myself with what everyone is doing with Facebook. I dwell on my posts a lot. I was also addicted to some Facebook games back then, namely Pet Society and Sorority Life and Restaurant City. I was stuck at home between earning coins and connecting to the world over Facebook.

I feel that without a social network channel, I would not have felt connected to him.

Facebook profile picture circa September 2010: Check out Suds' slimy comment


Twitter exchange circa October 2010: Suds teases a lot


#3: Online social network presence



We went out a lot with his housemates. It gets quite conducive going out with other people who leaves you two alone finding each other the only ones to talk to. 

October 2010: I wonder if our looks changed. Or are we still gross together. :(

Suds put the flower from the kailan on my ear and snapped a picture.

We cooked 2 pans of noodles- we were rostered to make food.
Suds tagged us as each on Facebook, I found that adorable, I was soooo secretly delighted LOL :3

I think I was happy someone can take ridiculous photos with meeee!
Every guy I knew seemed to look like they want death while being pictured with me.

We were really just friends then.

Wah we so cool.

Lots of hanging out with his housemates.
They all ganged up in the same hoodie! Bodyguards!

I also liked that he enjoys Gossip Girl, XOXOXOXOXO.

#4: Doing girly+silly things with me

Suds has a very open personality and the way he talks and does things makes things easy for me to interpret. I never had an open book or closed book exam, but its GREAT news when the teacher announces an open book exam doesn't it? Similarly, it feels very liberating when someone can speak their mind around you or act out the way they feel.

I guess a lot of couples appreciate when characteristics they love about themselves are also apparent in their partner. It should be very important firstly to embrace everything about yourself first!

#5: Being able to behave naturally

There are other things that worked in favour and empowers the relationship, but again, long post. EEPS so sorry! I shall continue some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author